After the huge success of two consecutive International Multi-topic ICT conferences (IMTIC’08 & IMTIC’12) held at Mehran University, the 1st International Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks for Developing Countries (WSN4DC ’13) jointly organized by Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan, Erasmus Mundus, StrongTies program and International Islamic University Malaysia is to be held from 24-26 April 2013 at MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
With the emergence of electronics and nanotechnology the pervasive and ubiquitous environments are becoming reality. The key enabler technology for these environments is Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). We have seen lot of WSN advancements during recent past in military domain. The world is now well aware of the power of WSN and its applications, which are endless. The WSN4DC conference aims to bring together a wide spectrum of international experts to facilitate a creative environment for the promotion of collaboration and knowledge transfer under the domain of WSN usage for Developing Countries (DC). In particular it will facilitate a dialogue between major industry players, entrepreneurs and academia to help create a road-map for the development of tangible research environment in the developing countries. It is an international forum for researchers to exchange information regarding novel aspects of technology, application and service development within the WSN domain.
The conference program will consist of keynote speakers from both industry and academia and panel discussion. There will be opportunities to attend interactive, high quality, peer reviewed sessions which will provide detailed insights from forward thinkers working in the themes of the conference. Additionally, there will be an exhibition for both international and niche market to display their latest products and services and to undertake a range of networking opportunities.
The proceedings of WSN4DC ’13 conference will be published by Springer, Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) Series.
Additionally, the extended version of selected papers are expected to be published as especial issue in Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology (MURJET) (HEC Pakistan, ranked X category).
WSN4DC ’13 TOPICS
Authors are solicited to submit complete unpublished papers in the following, but not limited to, topic areas:
- WSN Applications/Services for Developing Countries
- Mobile WSN.
- Underwater WSN
- Body Area Networks
- Energy Harvesting in WSN
- WSN and Cloud Integration
- WSN and IoT
- QoS and QoI
- WSN MAC, Network and Transport protocols.
- Cross Layer approaches
- Security aspects in WSN
- WSN applications in Smart Grid and Energy Management
- WSN in Structural Health Monitoring
- Wireless Sensor Network System Design for Environmental Monitoring
- Greenhouse Monitoring with Wireless Sensor Network
- Wireless Sensor Network for Landslide Detection
- Emergency Response
- Unmanned vehicles
- Public safety
- Experience with real-world deployments and applications
- Resource management and OS support for sensing systems
- Energy management and harvesting for long-term operation
- Innovative sensing applications across broad areas (e.g., environmental monitoring, mobile healthcare, transportation, education)
- Wireless communication systems and protocols for sensor networks
- Sensor systems leveraging smart phones, body area networks, RFIDs, robots, etc.
- Sensing technologies for pervasive computing
- Sensor network measurement and characterization
- Programming paradigms and models for distributed sensing
- Sensor network debugging, fault-tolerance and reliability
- Sensing, actuation and control in cyber-physical systems
- Distributed sensor data storage, retrieval, processing and management
- Approaches to sensor network architecture
- Sensor data quality, integrity, and trustworthiness
- In-network data reduction, inference, and signal processing
- Security and privacy in sensor networks
- Time and location estimation and management